Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Celebrating the Father of All Fathers!

Father's Day was always a difficult day for me. I do not have a father that taught me anything except fear and shame.

After my children were born I focused on their father, my husband, and helping them to celebrate a Godly father.

Now that they are adults, and the house is quiet on Father's Day I find myself again wishing I could just skip this day.
~
It was so good tonight in worship when a visiting high school friend, who is now a pastor, prayed that even those who did not have a loving father on earth, can rest assured they have a loving father in our Lord. I have always taken comfort in that.

And like icing on the cake, my Heavenly Father is no ordinary father. My father is the King. That makes me a princess! Instead of feeling sad, that makes me feel very special!

"And he hath on his garment and on his thigh a name written, KINGS OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." Revelation 19:16


No comments: