Total Pageviews

Monday, June 22, 2009

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I know you are expecting something about our Governor and, yes that was unbelievable, too. So sad for his family and for him. Yes, he failed to execute his job. He hurt his family. He disappointed us. We are all angry that this has happened. We feel duped. But, he was duped, too, by Satan!
" For we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
Romans 3:23 My post is not about those facts. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I phoned my rheumatologist for an appointment and I received a call back with this message. "Dr. B (maybe I should just say his name) would prefer that you see your primary physician."

I phoned the office again to ask why and was told. "I'm sorry, that is what he said and I cannot ask him again."

My prescriptions have run out and for a moment I was stunned. Then I remembered: At the last appointment, I asked Dr. B his opinion on a particular drug that he had prescribed (and that was working quite well). There had been much ado on TV from attorneys offering to represent you if you were on this drug. I simply asked his opinion and he explained that all NSAID's were equally risky. That we had to weigh the results with the risks. I assured him that the results were very good and my life was better now with this drug than before this drug.

I thought that was the end of the conversation, but then Dr B abruptly pulled out his prescription pad and said, "My policy is that if a patient asks questions regarding this drug, I take them off it."

I quickly stated that I didn't want to stop the drug, I simply wanted to be knowledgeable regarding it. He repeated, "That's my policy." and wrote a prescription for another drug. Then, instead of writing, follow up in 3 months or 6 months as in the past, he wrote on my chart, follow-up as needed.

Well, prescriptions are running out and an ENT has diagnosed another auto inflammatory condition; therefore, I phoned for an appointment.

What? Dr B's patients must be compliant and never ask questions?

This is very confusing. Every magazine, every medical news site, every talk show medical guest, all say, be your own health advocate. Speak up if you have questions or concerns. I spoke up, I had a question....and I was fired as a patient?

Confusing....I'm just saying.

No comments: