Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Day 3

In 2008 when I wrote "I am thankful that I live in a country where I have the freedom to worship my God" it was a simple statement of fact.  Today I see this freedom attacked from many directions  and I wonder how long before we are not free to express our belief in God and His son Jesus.  How much has already been taken away while we ignored the erosion.  America has become like much of the world, enjoying the gifts from above with no thankful apreciation of the source.

Sadly, this is not only the lost, the atheist, the evil ones; it is also those who profess to be followers of Christ.  Yes, we are all guilty.  We are all sinners subject to the temptations of this world.  The love of pleasurable pastimes, as innocent as a football game or as impure as any of the ten commandments, have become our idols.  No longer do most feel any shame regarding sin. (demonstrated by the many who appear on talk shows to reveal their sins)  Those who seek to follow the Bible are labeled fanatics or extremists. 

I am confused by the prayers of politicians who create bills that become laws.  I  am confused as to why public prayer is allowed at government functions, but our school children are not afforded the same consideration.  I want to personally persue this inequality, but fear it will only hasten the demise of prayer in goverment.

Today I am thankful that in 2013 I am still free to worship God with other Christians in public or in private! 

No comments: