Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

ON THE 8th DAY OF CHIRSTMAS - HAPPY NOW!

A brand new calendar. What will you do NOW? Every one seemed impatient for 2010. How long will it be before you are wishing it was 2011?

On my desk is a clock that tells me the time is NOW. No matter when I check the clock it always reads NOW. So, if I look to see if I have time to complete a task the clock reads NOW…I love it!

Recently, I shared a concern with a dear friend. She immediately reached for my hand and said, “Let’s pray.” As she began to intercede for me I felt a wave of nostalgia wash over me. How long had it been since a friend had responded in that way? I remember when we didn’t hesitate to ask for prayer or to give it as the need arose. What are we waiting for? Needs do not have to wait for a formal prayer meeting. How much richer would our lives be if we stopped to pray instead of pushing the need aside until it was ‘convenient’. The time to pray is always NOW not later.


We spend a lot of time discussing future plans. Parents say their children are ‘almost four’ instead of simply ‘three’. Teens are looking ahead to driver’s licenses or college. College kids complain about early classes and exams and long for the day of graduation. Adults constantly look forward to the weekend. On Monday most are wishing it was Friday. Or, else, they are looking ahead to vacation. Baby Boomers can hardly wait to retire. How many moments have we missed just wishing them away?

When did we stop appreciating NOW?

“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”
James 4:14 TNIV

No comments: