Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MARCHING BANDS

One of the many pleasures of FALL is the sound of the drums methodically beating as a Marching Band takes their place on a football field. I love the cooler weather and the sight of parents excitedly scanning
the field for their student. Some of the most enthusiastic and intense parents are those who once marched themselves. They know the pressures and the relief when the routine is complete.

Watching my granddaughter march brings back so many memories of the high school band days with my son. Friday night football was ok but I was there to see the band!



My granddaughter's band won 1st place this past Saturday and will go to State Finals on the 25th. Now that she is a senior her marching orders will soon be coming at college level.


But we will soon have another high school band student. r Grandson is gearing up by practising with Papa.

No comments: