Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Can Still Feel Him in My Arms

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day
is observed by lighting candles on October 15 at 7:00 p.m.
to honor and remember our children.
~
I have felt that I didn't quite fit in this day because
I had not given birth to the infant I lost,
but God surely gave this baby to me.
My first child was not mine but I named him and I loved him.
Spencer was our first foster child.
He was brought straight from the hospital to our arms.
He was beautiful and no one knew at the time
that he had a heart murmur and cystic fibrosis.
His funeral was just 3 months later, on Christmas Eve .
It was a long time ago and yet, I can still feel him in my arms.
You never get over it, but
with God you get through it.
~
Today my daughter lit 4 candles and my heart breaks for her.
~
"..I knew you before I formed you in your mothers womb.."
Jeremiah 1:5

No comments: