Total Pageviews

Friday, December 25, 2009

CHRISTMAS IN YOUR HEART

"He who has not Christmas in his heart,
Will not find it under a tree." Roy L. Smith

~

I often wonder what people are celebrating

when I observe the massive amount of lights,

snowmen and other inflatable decorations

covering the yards.

If they were all believers

and followers of Christ,

then the world would be

a great deal kinder

than it is.

What are they celebrating?


Homes are overflowing

with new toys, clothing

and electronics.

If they do not believe

in the Jesus

whose birth we honor...

What are they celebrating?


I wonder...

although I do not mind.

They resemble toddlers

who wave flags

at military parades.

The little ones do not know

about freedom

or valor.

Yet, they are swept along

by the excitement.

One day

the Christmas celebrants may understand

what it is they are celebrating.

I pray for that day to come.

~

"Behold, You desire truth in the inner being;
make me therefore to know wisdom
in my inmost heart."
Psalm 51:6


No comments: