Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The First Day of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, I went shopping with one of the loves of my life, my daughter.

We drove to an equestrian town with decorated horse statues scattered about. We explored little antique shops and dined in a blast from the past deli. The most memorable moment of the day was breaking and paying for a small piece of depression glass. So delicate and fragile that when it landed on the carpeted floor it shattered into a million pieces. I wish I had been quick thinking enough to tell the staff that I broke the piece. Then I would have achieved hero status in my daughter's eyes. LOL We made a hasty exit from the potential of additional disaster and headed out to peruse more stable wares. Good times!



I heard that many were busy taking down their Christmas decorations today and I am a little dismayed that Christmas is considered over instead of just beginning. I will not begin putting away the beautiful lights until the new year is upon us. To each his own; however, when it comes to celebrating the arrival of my Lord and Saviour the joyous occasion can continue even beyond Epiphany.

" When they saw the star, they were filled with joy!
They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him."
Matthew 2: 10-11





No comments: