Total Pageviews

Monday, December 28, 2009

ON THE THIRD DAY OF CHRISTMAS - JOY

I was just thinking tonight about how happy I have felt this week. And it occurred to me that some people who do not have a personal relationship with God, might not understand why I could feel happy when so many things have gone wrong lately for me and my family members.

Life has thrown a few punches at us recently. But in the midst of serious concerns there is no reason to feel hopeless or helpless either, for that matter.


Knowing that God is in control and whatever happens He either planned for us or He is allowing to happen means that there is no need to worry or feel anxious. Even when my heart aches for a son who must deal with the ongoing issues of divorced parenting or my daughter who still waits for the gift of motherhood. Even then I know that God loves them and wants His best for them.


When my DH is faced with salary reductions and other job frustrations, I am thankful that he has a job. When my health issues prevent me from physically eating favorite foods or living a pain free energetic lifestyle,, I am assured that God wants me to appreciate other things in my life. (It does make me wonder what He is preparing us for in the future.)

I am happy when my family is happy, but more important than happiness is obedience to God's instructions. Obedience produces joy. I am praying that my children do not take as many years to figure this out as I have.

The third day of Christmas finds me physically tired after all of the celebration activities, but spiritually energized with joy!

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;" Romans 5:3


No comments: