Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 6, 2008

30 DAYS OF THANKSGIVING - DAY SIX - FORGIVENESS

Today I am thankful that when I mess up God always forgives.
No matter how hard I try to reach perfection, I know that is not a possibility. Just knowing that God loves me anyway, (and usually my family does too) gives me the motivation to keep on, keeping on.

Because I am a perfectionist, I can make things pretty difficult for my family sometimes. Growing up in the abusive home of an alcoholic, this is what happens.

Many times I have repeated the simple verse of childhood "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Because I know that perfectionists are driven by fear.


"And above all things have fervent charity among
yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."

1 Peter 4:8





No comments: