Total Pageviews

Monday, November 17, 2008

THANKSGIVING DAY SEVENTEEN - FRIENDSHIP

I am thankful for friends. Over the years I have lost more than one dear friend due to divorce. When a person is hurt they want to separate themselves from the past while they heal. Unfortunately you are a part of their past. Sad.

I am thankful for new friends. And those who became my friend through my job. Many were friendly, only a few were friends. And I am thankful for a newer friend whom I met through my job. We both had volunteered to represent abused and neglected children. We both worked harder for our children than the system would have liked. Sad.
~
However, my friend who has been sidelined by serious illness for 4 or 5 years has gifted me many times with her own getaway place at Hilton Head. When she wasn't up to the pleasure of sun, sand, water or even relaxing, she wanted someone else to benefit. Now that is a generous person! Can you imagine a friend who would give you her key 3 years ago and hasn't asked for it back, yet? A friend who understands that you need a quiet place to write. I have been blessed with such a friend.

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return
for their work:
if one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments: