Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2008

DAY THIRTEEN-- MERCY

I am thankful for God's mercy. This morning a thunderstorm suddenly emerged from the sky, bringing rain and lightening. The loud pop of lightening striking nearby or overhead caused the shaking of my home. It isn't often that you have no time to even count to one when counting to see how far away the lightening is. The flash and the boom seemed instantaneous.
The power, phone, cable and internet were knocked out.

I walked around inside and out looking for signs of smoke or fire. Because I can not smell smoke (or anything else) I had to visually search the attic. The flash light I grabbed to search windowless areas did not provide light but did provide the deep voice of a man speaking when I touched the power button. This was more startling than the lightening strike! It took a moment for me to remember that the survival flashlight included a radio.


Several hours later when the electricity was restored I discovered we had lost a television and only one lightbulb and one lamp. A very small thing. Because we will not have our cable or internet service restored until tomorrow we are watching videos and using dial up to check our e-mail. We take our many conveniences for granted until there is no response when we flip a switch. Thankfully there is always a response when we flip the switch of prayer to connect with God!


"I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you
and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
Romans 9:17

No comments: