Total Pageviews

Monday, November 10, 2008

THANKSGIVING DAY TEN - CHILDREN

I am so thankful for my children. I am thankful that when they were little I knew those were the best years of my life. I observed many of my friends not completely enjoying their children. Then when the grandchildren arrived they were smitten. They talk about how much deeper the love is for the grandchild. I was so fortunate to be smitten with my children.

I loved being their mother. I enjoyed every moment when they were growing up. Even those tough times when discipline was involved. I felt so blessed to be the one to read a story or tuck them in bed at night. Every night I spent 20-30 minutes reading or talking with each one, individually (until they were 11 or 12). Bedtime took an hour each evening but it was the best hour of my day.

Later when other mothers were complaining about all the chauffeuring to activities and looking forward to the day their child could drive themselves, I was smiling inside. I knew that the chauffeuring to activities was the best part of my day. Riding in the car together was a cozy, let's chat kind of experience.

I am still smitten with them. They are both hard working, terrific children of God.

No comments: