Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."
1 Timothy 1:1-2


While it will be difficult to respect a man who would kill an unborn child; I will always respect the office of President. And in a country of democracy the people have spoken. So I will continue to pray for America and its people.

The potentially positive thing about the outcome of this election is that perhaps this will encourage moving beyond the past. Since 1986 I have always been involved in some manner, in the area of social work. It was constantly stressed that there was a disproportionate number of minority children in the foster care system and in our prisons. All the while I felt like a minority whenever I entered the Department of Social Services or the Judicial Center where I worked.
I have never had much patience with racial disparity talk because from where I stand minorities received many advantages just because they were minorities. I, also, believe the media itself stirs up racial tension. Actually, I liked my 'minority' co-workers better than most of the non-minority ones. I didn't choose who to respect or befriend based on color. And the children I represented were almost always minorities. I did not value them more or less because of their skin color. All children need love and a safe home. I once received a very sweet e-mail from a minority commending me for always treating everyone the same. I didn't know any other way to do it.
Just as the bottom line on the abortion issue is that it isn't up to us; so goes the presidential party issue: God has already spoken!

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority?
Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.
Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor. "

Romans 3:1-7

The sun is still in the sky, there is air to breathe, Lucy and Desi are still fighting on TV Land and God is still and forever in control!




No comments: