Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 20, 2008

ThanksGiving Day 20 NEIGHBORLY

I am thankful for my neighbors. Neighbors on either side have gifted us with fresh vegetables from their gardens during the summer. The neighbor on our right helped me put up wallpaper 20 something years ago, has mowed our grass, cared for our children, checked on me after bad weather, and even monitored my home during the night when I was alone.

The thing that is impressed on my memory is that immediately after meeting my family my neighbor cut the barbed wire fence between our properties. In a rural area there was once lots of barbed wire to keep the livestock in.

Living in the country, you will still find occasional fences and farms. They are there to keep something in or to keep something out. Cutting the wire is a huge statement that says WELCOME in a big way!

No comments: